Your Events Managers
Let's Make It Happen!
First Viewing of The Mill Barns
From your very first visit, right through to wishing you Goodnight on your wedding night, the Events Managers are on hand to answer your questions, offer advice and recommendations and work with you to plan the wedding day of your dreams.
Throughout the planning and preparation for your wedding, we get as involved just as much as you want. Some couples are happy to do everything themselves and just discuss their plans with us at the Planning Meeting; other couples prefer a helping hand and use us to bounce ideas off as they go along. Whenever you need us, we’re here to help.
Your Planning Meeting
Around 3 months before your Wedding Day we’ll invite you to your Planning Meeting, held at the venue with the Events Manager who will be working on your wedding day. This is a great opportunity to discuss your plans face to face and for your Events Manager to gain a detailed understanding of how you’d like your day to run.
We’ll ask for details of which suppliers you have chosen, who your florist is, your photographer etc. We’ll establish the running order and timinhgs for your big day. We’ll also confirm the drop off appointment for your wedding items the day before your wedding, including any drinks you may be supplying and all your name place cards, favours etc.
Online Wedding Planner
Your Events Manager will then transfer all this information into your online wedding planner and invite you to review it. It’s amazing how reassuring it is for you to see all your hard work come together in one cohesive document.
Your Events Manager will refer to this document throughout your wedding day so it’s important that you advise us of any changes or amends required, prior to your big day.
On your Wedding Day
- Orchestrate your venue setup. We’ll make sure that all your decorations, name place cards, favours, ceremony seating name cards, post box for gift cards etc are all set out as per your instructions.
- Welcome you when you arrive and make sure you’re comfortable in The Dressing Room
- Help your florist and cake supplier find what they need to set up
- Meet and greet your guests as they arrive
- Pin button holes (we’ve had lots of practice!)
- Liaise with the Registrar to ensure the ceremony goes smoothly and the correct music is played
- Discuss timings with your photographer
- Monitor and adjust the temperature in the Barns as required
- Move any decorations from The Ceremony Barn to The Wedding Breakfast Barn as required and light any tea lights
- Keep an eye on the time and work with your Wedding VIPs to ensure that your guests are all seated for the Wedding Breakfast
- Orchestrate your grand entrance into The Wedding Breakfast Barn to the raucous applause of your guests
- Move any forgotten personal belongings from The Ceremony Barn to The Mill Stone Barn during your meal
- Place gifts and cards safely into The Mill Stone Barn during your meal
- Provide the microphone when it’s time for speeches
- Help the catering staff make any changes required to the tables and chairs after the wedding breakfast, this could be adding extra tables and chairs in preparation for any additional evening guests.
- Invite you to cut the cake and encourage you onto the dance floor to do your First Dance
- Remain on hand to help with any requests during the evening and wish you well at the end of the night.