Our Complete Wedding Service
Our wedding venue hire price includes a phenomenal number of items, planning tools and services which make up our complete wedding service (many of which are chargeable extras at other venues.)
No Unpleasant Surprises
We never contact you after you’ve booked with a list of chargeable extras, in fact, we try to include as much as we can within the exclusive use venue hire price as outlined below.
Fixed Venue Hire Pricing
Our venue hire price is fixed at the point of booking. You pay today’s price even if your booking is for a date two years (or more) in the future.
This means that you can avoid disappointment by booking early to secure your date and start to enjoy the planning without worrying about subsequent price increases.
Exclusive Use Venue
Our Venue Hire price for your chosen date is the total price you pay for exclusive use of the entire venue, briefly this encompasses the Bridal Preparation Suite; The Mill Stone Barn; The Mill Wheel Barn; The Mill Race Walkway; The Waterfront Terrace; The Garden Terrace; Private Parking; The Grounds and luxury bridal wedding night accommodation in the Waterscapes Suite.
For details of what’s included within each of those areas click below:
The Mill Stone Barn Atrium
- Split level viewing galleries within this light filled atrium guaranteed to deliver an awesome first impression.
- Entrance landing and Welcome Bar
- Background music from our PA System where required.
The Waterfall Suite for your Bridal Preparation
- The Bridal Preparation Suite is available from 10.30am on your wedding day for the Bridal Party to pamper and prepare
- A beautifully light room with plenty of mirrors, vanity tables and power sockets
- A delightful tea set so your Maid of Honour can make a calming brew.
- Champagne glasses provided upon request, in case you prefer some bubbles while you get ready!
- Iron with ironing board available upon request
- Extra-tall hanging hooks for the most important dress you’ll ever wear
The Mill Wheel Barn for your Ceremony
- Beautiful, bespoke chairs set out in the required number and formation for your Wedding Ceremony
- Public Address System to play your choice of music
- Microphone placed on Registrar’s table to ensure all your guests can hear your vows
The Mill Pond Barn for your Wedding Breakfast
- Round dining tables for guests, with the option to choose a round table as your ‘Top Table’ too.
- Three different sizes of formal, straight Top Table available as required
- Evening Buffet tables provided
- Cake table provided
- Engraved sterling silver cake stand provided with cake knife, either 15” diameter round or 15” square
- Three beautiful solid wooden high chairs provided where required
- Stainless steel table name holders available
- Full PA system & sound system, including an iPod dock, to allow your own choice of background music (please note our sound system is not suitable for your evening disco)
- Projector Screen provided if required for speeches
- Wireless microphone provided for speeches
- Oak sprung dance floor with ample power sockets for your DJ or Band
- The Bar, fully stocked and competitively priced, it is furnished with stylish chairs and low tables.
- Wheelchair access
- Ambient lighting which is adjusted throughout your day to subtly enhance the atmosphere
- Some soft seating for enjoying a drink and a chat.
- Exquisitely designed Ladies Powder Room with fluffy white hand towels
- Well-proportioned gentlemen’s toilets with the world’s fastest hand dryer
- Disabled toilet providing full access, complete with baby changing facilities
The Waterfront Estate
- Private driveway.
- The Mill Race Walkway – A pram and wheelchair friendly circular path around the estate.
- The Mill Pond Terrace – a stunning waterfront terrace for your outdoor wedding or to enjoy reception drinks on.
- The Waterfront Terrace and The Garden Terrace for ambient outdoor drinks.
- Beautiful landscaped gardens, perfect for photographs featuring Paper Mill Brook, The Waterfall, The Mill Pond, The Meadow
Waterscapes Suite for The Bride and Groom
- Luxury Wedding Night Accommodation – Exclusively available for the use of the Bride & Groom on the wedding night only which is included in the Wedding Venue Hire Price.
- You’ll also enjoy; breakfast with your overnight guests served in the Breakfast Room the morning after your wedding.
Not forgetting . . !
- Disabled toilets on ground floor
- Baby changing facility
- Secure storage for all your wedding items
- Walk-in chiller cabinet for your drinks
- Fully equipped professional catering kitchens on site, enabling all your food to be freshly prepared
- Discreet car park for 70 cars with overflow car park if required
During the Festive Season we also provide:
- Plenty of fairy lights.
- A Christmas Tree decorated with fairy lights and neutral baubles which will complement your wedding theme.
Wedding Planning Service
Choose The Mill Barns as your wedding venue and you can take advantage of the wedding planning tools listed below, all of which are included in our Venue Hire Price.
- Practical wedding planning advice from our experienced team of Event Managers who are on-hand to help from the moment you book.
- Your own personal Wedding Day Event Manager; on site well before you to oversee the placement of your venue decorations and welcome your suppliers, your dedicated Event Manager is focused on making sure every aspect of your big day runs smoothly, right up until they wish you and your guests a good night’s sleep.
- A dedicated Plan My Wedding section on our website including wedding ideas and inspiration, example wedding day timings, room layouts, useful measurements and top tips for stress free wedding planning.
- Your personalised online Wedding Planner, your unique wedding details online; it’s a fabulous planning tool and a great way to share your key wedding day information with us and your chosen suppliers.
- Access to our Suppliers Directory, a comprehensive list of talented individuals and businesses all passionate about weddings and waiting for the opportunity to work with you.
- Access to The Mill Barns Dream Team, our phenomenal, preferred wedding suppliers, all of whom come highly recommended.
- The opportunity to attend a spectacular Wedding Experience Event at The Mill Barns prior to your wedding, where you’ll enjoy a sumptuous tasting menu served by our exclusive catering partners Jenkinsons.
A No Corkage Drinks Service
The Mill Barns is a No Corkage wedding venue; you are welcome to supply your own drinks for both the drinks reception and your wedding breakfast meal without incurring any corkage fee.
For a no hassle, cost-effective alternative to supplying your own drinks, you can design your own Bespoke Drinks Package from the extensive collection of discounted drinks available to order online from The Cellar. Don’t hesitate to ask us for some advice; we can help you select delightfully delicious drinks in just the right quantity for your wedding.
However you choose to supply your wedding drinks, you’ll enjoy an Unparalleled Drinks Service from our outstanding catering partners who will provide the waiting-on staff together with all the appropriate glassware and ice where required.
Whether you choose a classic champagne drinks reception or opt instead for Pimms, beer or mulled wine, they’ll be sure to supply the right Glassware, they’ll even supply the fruit for summer Pimms free of charge!
(Please note – The drinks themselves are not included in the venue hire price)
Delicious Wedding Catering Options – Food Charged Separately
Catering is charged separately and is not included in the venue hire price however, our catering partners share our commitment to excellence and integrity and will discuss the cost of your individual requirements openly and clearly.
We’re all different; here at The Mill Barns we don’t do set menus, we encourage you to choose dishes you’ll love and with three course wedding breakfast menus from just £39.50 per person and exciting evening options from just £6.50 per person, you can indulge your guests for less.
Catering prices are always ‘price per head’ and include:
- Access to the Online Menu Selector to help you choose your perfect wedding food.
- No Corkage Fee or service fee applied when you provide your own daytime drinks
- A Private Consultation with an experienced Wedding Catering Coordinator to discuss your individual requirements
- The opportunity to sample a Tasting Menu at a Wedding Experience Event
- Your Catering Manager on site throughout your wedding day to ensure excellent service
- The perfect number of Serving Staff throughout the day
- Professional and Talented Chef passionate about your menu
- Provision of White Tablecloths and Napkins
- All the Crockery, Cutlery and Glassware required, specific to your drinks and menu
- Iced Jugs of Water on each dining table.
Request A Brochure with Prices
If you’d like to know how to book a wedding at The Mill Barns please contact us to check availability and discuss your individual requirements, our specialist Event Managers are here to help.Request a Brochure with Venue Hire Prices